Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angle fittings duct

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mzmaso90
397 Views, 8 Replies

Angle fittings duct

I am trying to join these two duct, although its uncommon inclination angle junctions, Mep settings said that for fittings Revit will use every angle supported, due To this where I will conveil to change supported angles for specific angles?

mzmaso90_1-1687364706281.png

mzmaso90_0-1687364510914.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
fabiosato
in reply to: mzmaso90

Hello,

You need a tee fitting that supports angled connections.

Another option is to place a desirable shape fitting manually first.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
mzmaso90
in reply to: fabiosato

1. I used a connection T with inclination angle standard ,but it is not as smooth as I supposed it would be. It has been adapteded just the duct inclinated but ducts connections are still separated. Do you know how to quickly modify its parameters for auto-adaptive t connection ?
Message 4 of 9
iainsavage

From your other post regarding the transition problem, you did not have the routing preferences properly populated for your duct types so I assume that you have been manually placing fittings and then trying to connect them.

If you populate the routing preferences with the preferred fittings then they will place and connect automatically.

Message 5 of 9
iainsavage

Video attached

Message 6 of 9
mzmaso90
in reply to: fabiosato

Due to the fact that The inclination angle of the upper duct is  very uncommon ( 42,4475%)(coming from the cad drawing), Do you think it might be for this reason, that both ducts do not connect with each others?  

Message 7 of 9
mzmaso90
in reply to: iainsavage

Hi there I reply to you before, in another response.

Message 8 of 9
iainsavage

Any angle should be possible if you have the correct fitting and the ducts meet.

iainsavage_0-1687540650806.png

Message 9 of 9
fabiosato

Hello,

Different angle values may affect how ducts connect, I am not a duct designer, so I don´t have experience in so specific detail, sorry.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators