Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing - Revit issue

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
shey.ana.makay
99429 Views, 38 Replies

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing - Revit issue

9times out of 10 when I go to sync with the central I get an error saying this: 

sharing violation.PNG

It is followed by a message saying "File not saved." This occasionally happens when I just want to save but definetly not as often as trying to sync. I've deleted all my files from my temp and made sure my firewall is not blocking anything revit related. For this project the central file is on the cloud in A360 but I find the same thing happens even with a file saved on our network. I've had my windows profile re-installed and not sure what else to try? No one else in the office seems to have this issue. Please help!!

38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39
matthew.d
in reply to: shey.ana.makay

Hi @shey.ana.makay,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Have you tried giving the solutions on this page a shot? Here is also more information about synchronization, which you may find helpful.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 39
shey.ana.makay
in reply to: matthew.d

I have looked into those pages but nothing seems to work. I am looking at getting a new computer in the hopes that maybe there is just something currupt going on

Message 4 of 39
fabiosato

Have you tried to audit the file?

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: fabiosato

I'm having the same problem.  Sometimes a sync will work without any issues.  Other times I need to attempt 5-6 times before it finally syncs.  When I get the sharing violation message, it is not followed up with a "file not saved" message.  This occurs when I'm the only person in the file, or when several other people are in the file - doesn't seem to matter.

However, I only get this message with one of our files.  In other projects, I have never had this issue.

Message 6 of 39

Did getting a new computer solve the problem?

Thank you

Message 7 of 39
fabiosato
in reply to: Anonymous

This issue may be caused by the speed of your LAN, is it 1Gb/s or less?

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 39
azuev

I had the similar problem and found the solution for myself. In my case the error happened on any local file save (I don't use A360). It turned out that recently installed anti-virus was blocking revit from validating its license. After turning anti-virus off all started to work fine. So in your case the problem might be similar - some 3rd party app can be the reason of the problem. 

Message 9 of 39
CREO_JLH
in reply to: azuev

This was very helpful! thanks 🙂

Message 10 of 39
Anonymous

Mine is not just about the anti-virus. I resolved this problem when I uninstalled the newly installed Adobe Acrobat XI. Just sharing to make it more easier for others to analyze that maybe its due to the latest application you installed.  Cat Tongue

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous

Oh, i just found out that it is not the applications installed.... But it is a missing JPEG or PNG file attached to your drawing. Like in my case, A jpeg (for texture purpose) that I used to one of my generic models went missing because I unknowingly transferred it to a different file folder. So the error message is a warning that tells the "sharing" of such object has a violation for not recognizing the path of the file. It really worked to repath the file.
Message 12 of 39
Anonymous

For me was the antivirus, anti-spyware and anti-malware defense I had installed. After I removed it everything was working fine.
Message 13 of 39
Anonymous

I found my solution. Mine was a anti-malware that was interfering with my  ability to save and 'sharing violation'  notification.

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous

your balls are made of gold.......thank you so much

@Anonymous wrote:

9times out of 10 when I go to sync with the central I get an error saying this

It is followed by a message saying "File not saved." This occasionally happens when I just want to save but definetly not as often as trying to sync. I've deleted all my files from my temp and made sure my firewall is not blocking anything revit related. For this project the central file is on the cloud in A360 but I find the same thing happens even with a file saved on our network. I've had my windows profile re-installed and not sure what else to try? No one else in the office seems to have this issue. Please help!!

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous

I had a similar problem. I tried to change the language and when the program restarted the message showed up saying 

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing c:\users.......

I just deleted the the file, but I believe it is ok because it was a temporary file. If it was not a Temporary file I think it is not ok to do  

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous

Good day.
I once  experienced the 'sharing violation' too. Go to your control panel> add or remove programs. Then un-install any program that claims to 'sweep' or 'repair errors' (or something like that) on your system. Such types were the ones cause these errors on my system.

Regards!

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous

Good help

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous

Thank you for sharing this info, uninstalling my anti-virus solved this issue. 

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous

I deactivated the antivirus and I was able to overcome the problem. Thanks a lot for the help. 1black
Message 20 of 39
Anonymous

After uninstalling Anti-virus app, my Revit works well.

Thank so much for your solution 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators