Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sweeps - Pick New Host command

Wall Sweeps - Pick New Host command

Here is the situation: I used the Wall Sweep command to draw a cove base around the walls in a room. After this, the lead designer has modified the design and wants wainscoting included on the walls. Consequently, I created a new wall type for the wainscoting and placed these walls on the interior face of the room's walls. At this point I realize the wainscoting is covering the cove base.

So I deleted the cove base and replaced it, one stretch at a time, on each new wainscoting wall.

The hassle of starting from scratch on the wall sweep could be decreased quite a bit by making a "Pick New Host" command when a Wall Sweep is selected. Granted, this would not work well for rooms with a different quantity of walls, rooms with different angles, and other significant differences in room designs; but when new finish-layer wall instances are placed in front of structural and/or existing walls in the same or similarly-designed rooms, this would be a very convenient tool in my back pocket.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report