Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ability to easily combine rooms into an apartment.

The ability to easily combine rooms into an apartment.

Name, count and tag a group of rooms, for example apartments or hotel rooms with bathrooms.

bartoszmatuszewskiEMKAA_0-1650982407879.png

bartoszmatuszewskiEMKAA_0-1651043863754.png

5 Comments
ola6n4qrvdsr
Advocate

You can create a schedule and add a Shared Parameter for Apartment, then select the Rooms as you like and fill in an apartment name / number in that parameter.  This a clumsy workaround (like most of Revit TBH), but by making your own parameters you can have overlapping groups of elements, eg. Interior, Exterior, Common, Apartment #, Fire Zone, etc.

@ola6n4qrvdsr thanks for respond. I could group rooms by custom parameter but it's hard to tag the cumulative area of the apartment on the plan. I usually use schedules instead of tags as a workaround, but I have to put them on the sheet above the drawing instead of in the drawing. Creating and controlling such schedules is an extremely laborious process.

Lars_Jeppesen
Enthusiast

Hi @bartosz.matuszewski.EMKAA,

I create a separate room parameter called 'Unit No', and then select all rooms in your 'apartment' and give them the same Unit No info.

In addition to the standard room tags, I simply created a different type, showing both the room name and the Unit No, and simply used that tag in the hall or somewhere central in that apartment....if that makes sense.  Works fine, and is great for when to group door schedules per apartment, etc.....

Hi @Lars_Jeppesen 

What about cumulative Unit area in tag? 

I think it would be nice to be able to natively combine the rooms into a unit. A similar tool exists in the HVAC where I can combine several Spaces into a Zone. Unfortunately, the zones have limited functionality (naming or adding their own parameters).

Lars_Jeppesen
Enthusiast

Hi again,

Yes good point - architecturally, in the past, we have unfortunately had to create separate area plans and overlay these views on top of the the GA's, something that is is often required especially early on in the feasibility stages of design, where the client needs overall areas etc...

So yes, another one of those 'add it to the list' for Autodesk....and it's already a very long list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators