Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel connections - invert bolts

Steel connections - invert bolts

Hi,

We need the option to invert the bolts in all of the steel connections.

Some connections do have that option, but in this case the Splice Joint in R2023 does not have that option.

robertjungergard_0-1648714556786.png

3 Comments
rockyjack888
Community Visitor

AS 2010, I'm unable to invert the bolts in the single-sided end plate connection,

As I'm using CSK bolts, the main PFC needs to have CSK holes, not the connection plate.

Ticked the Inverted box (BOLTS) section in connection properties but nothing happens to generator ..

Regards 

Watt Insider 

DumitruBerteanu
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi Robert,

This option is already available in Revit. 

For connection-controlled bolts that can't be inverted from inside the connection parameter editor window, you can apply a manual invert per bolt pattern by accessing the bolt properties page. 

To do this, you need to:

- click to select the connection

- press Tab key with your mouse over the bolt

- click the bolt

This individually selects the objects created by connections (bolts, plates, anchors etc.)

After selected, some of the bolt properties are available to edit. In this case of the Splice connection, the invert is available because it is not part of the parameters offered by the connection dialog.

DumitruBerteanu_0-1653046729627.png

robert.jungergard
Enthusiast

Hi Dumitru,

Thank you for the post, I can work with that solution, it hadn't crossed my mind.

However it doesn't satisfy my suggestion fully; I wish to have that option in the steel connection. I have about 30 splice joints connections at different locations and I want to be able to invert the bolts in a single connection type, not by i.e.

- select all instances of the splice joint

- 3d box

- filter and choose bolts

- press invert

I think these steps can be reduced to a single click in the splice joint type.

Thanks for your post again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report