Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone Family Editor

Standalone Family Editor

I would like to suggest the development of a "Standalone Revit Family Editor" that allows users to create, edit, and save .rfa files for multiple Revit versions. This tool would serve as a game-changer for the Revit community by streamlining compatibility and enhancing workflow efficiency. Below, I have outlined the key features and benefits of this proposed standalone editor:

Key Features:

1. Cross-Version Compatibility: The Standalone Revit Family Editor should allow users to open and save .rfa files for various Revit versions, enabling easy collaboration and project sharing across different software versions.

2. Intuitive Interface: The editor should provide a user-friendly, familiar interface that aligns with Autodesk's design standards, making it accessible to both new and experienced users.

3. Feature Parity: The editor should support the same feature set and capabilities as the native Revit Family Editor, ensuring that users can create and modify families without any limitations.

4. Batch Conversion: Enable users to convert multiple .rfa files to different Revit versions in a single batch process, saving time and effort.

5. Autodesk Cloud Integration: Integration with Autodesk's cloud services for storage, version management, and collaboration would further enhance the user experience.

I believe that the development of a Standalone Revit Family Editor aligns with Autodesk's mission to empower its users with innovative, efficient, and collaborative tools. This solution will simplify workflows, save time, and enhance compatibility, benefitting Revit users worldwide.

I kindly request that you consider this idea and evaluate its feasibility. I believe it has the potential to greatly improve the Revit experience for countless users and would be a valuable addition to Autodesk's product offerings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report