Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Elevations - Add 45 Degree Option

Spot Elevations - Add 45 Degree Option

Spot elevations being able to display on a 45 degree angle in addition to the horizontal and vertical would be great. And hopefully a simple addition too!

4 Comments
JanelleKDB
Participant

I recently figured out the workaround - which was not easy information to find. And I wanted to share here in case anyone needs it in the meantime: Spot Elevation > ender Properties click Edit Type > under Leader Arrowhead change it to None > click okay and proceed > check Leader, uncheck Shoulder > click to place then rotate by moving the mouse. 

The crosshair will now have one longer 'arm' pointing at where you're annotating the elevation, so you can grab the spot elevation blue node to drag it closer to the base of that arm. This will make the crosshair almost symmetrical, but notice when you bring it too close to the origin, the text will snap back to horizontal or vertical.

But again, having a default 45 degree option for the spot elevations should be an option added to this tool.

Mike.FORM
Advisor

Not really sure what you are asking for as having a 45 degree angled spot elevation is already possible by just unchecking 'Shoulder' when placing and then moving the end grip of the leader to where you want.

MikeFORM_0-1664311749328.png

JanelleKDB
Participant

@Mike.FORM Yes, I did figure out that workaround as I updated above, yet I also mentioned this important tidbit: "but notice when you bring it too close to the origin, the text will snap back to horizontal or vertical." - the spot elevation being on the angle pulls it away from the point you are referencing. Having the end set to none allows it to look like a crosshair, however, instead of the middle of the crosshair X being the spot elevation, it is actually referencing the spot at the end of the arm which is the leader. 
The center of the crosshair should be the spot elevation reference point, however, with this leader method that is not the case. (which will be an issue on a site with a steep slope).

Mike.FORM
Advisor

I still do not understand what you mean without some visual aid on the issue. I have tried shortening the leader all the way to the center and it does not affect the value shown. The snapping back to horizontal and vertical of the text only happens because your cursor is within the snap tolerance. If you zoom in closer you can move the leader end more to the center because the snap tolerance is larger on screen.

MikeFORM_1-1664370100001.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators