Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab edge tags

Slab edge tags

Tags for system family slab edges. Currently when they are used as upstands we have to dimension them and place a level on them. This is not as convenient or easy to read as say an aligned tag which says '400x200 WIDE UPSTAND'

Similarly wall foundation tags don't exist. Such things that can't be documented will fall out of favour, which is a shame because modelling wise they are quite convenient in certain situations.

6 Comments
spowell
Participant

I work for a Landscape company. We model Road Kerbs using Slab Edge for Revit.

Only issue i have is i can't tag it. Can we please have the ability to tag Slab Edges? There is no annotation category for Slab Edges.

thanks!

Regards

spowell

krzystoff
Advocate

That is quite surprising that tags don't work, even multicategory which works for almost any system/family.  

You could try Keynotes, though they are a completely different workflow to tags, a customised 'KEY VALUE' tag might serve your needs.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2023! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

Help | Additional Taggable Categories | Autodesk

-The Factory

enquiries3NPNW
Community Visitor

@kimberly.fuhrman 

It does not work in Rvt 2023

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@enquiries3NPNW  - 

This is from the Help link above:

Tags for these new taggable categories are not included with the installed or default content. Create tags for these categories by creating a new tag family using the Generic Tag family template, and change the category of the tag family with the Family Category and Parameters dialog. See Specify Family Category and Parameters.

slabedge.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report