Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select all instances in Group Edit mode

Select all instances in Group Edit mode

Being able to Select All Instances of a particular element, say a Wall Type, for instance, while in Group Editing model.

Such would allow for changing instance parameters in bulk quicker.

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be really helpful. It is very annoying to select every single element individually now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please activate select all instances in edit group. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can select the wall type outside the group (using TAB until the instant is selected) then >Select similar >isolate Elements > Edit group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course I can. But it is an idea to make it easier and I ask why the menu is disable in group edit mode. The problem is, sometimes when you select elements out of editing mode of group and then you are going to change to something else it will be ungrouped. Not all the times but sometimes and this is why I ask for enabling this feature in edit group mode.

Thank you

GHASEM_ARIYANI
Advisor

Hello AutoDesk Revit Team

Select All Instances in the Group Editor not Working. If this feature is active it can be very helpful.

2019-05-02_15-53-29.jpg

hobyrne.ca
Enthusiast

More enhanced functionality in group edit mode would be good too... for instance, one cannot create a duct from a connector like one can in regular modeling mode.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

andrew8QEC8
Advocate

I found a limited workaround. Once in the group use the mouse to select everything, then use the filters to filter out everything you do not want. This still has the limits of what you can filter out with the multi-select tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report