Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules - list values vs blank cells

Schedules - list values vs blank cells

currently when you try to schedule elements that have different values for a particular parameter, Revit changes the cell to appear blank.  Revit should allow the schedule to list the different values.  Could be by default or as a check box option per field.

circuit lists.jpg

22 Comments
henrik.thingbo
Enthusiast

I totally agree. We also have this issue, and would like it to be fixed.

Rab_i
Advocate

Or at least say "<Varies>" which gives a clue that it is not blank.

Magnus.B
Advocate

I agree, there should be a indication whether the field is blank or if it varies.

pieter5
Advisor

We would use this feature to list all the room numbers or levels a specific items is located.

BEOARCH
Explorer

We should have an option how to display a field when there are multiple (different) values:

- show blank (current behavior)

- show custom label (so we can accommodate different languages and standards like allcaps vs lower caps etc)

- show all different values (listed with , in between: "value 1, value 2, value 3")

Balazs_Trojak
Participant

Totally agree. I've been asking for this for about 10 years.  Please implement <varies>.

ntanner
Contributor

Thanks for the good recomendation.  I have a similar request posted here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/quot-varies-quot-for-multiple-parameters-instead-of-a-bla...

Hazem.Elamir
Advocate

when grouping some rows in schedules and data in some cells are inconsistency, revit hide all the data,
it will be good if these cells contain all the data instead hiding it

sample,

we may 2 or more rooms named store with room number 01-201 & 02-110 , I want in room number column to show the two room numbers instead hiding them like in pic below with the abilty to modify them or highlight the selected data in the model

Schedule.jpg

pieter5
Advisor

I would like to see a dropdown similar to what we can already do for numbers. That dropdown would have the following options

A - label (user can enter anything like 'varies' (or use other language), or leave it blank, which would be the default and would ensure your schedules look the same when you upgrade old project)

B - list all unique

C - list all unique with counts

C would be especially powerful: imagine a door/plumbing schedule. There would be a column 'rooms' that would say ROOM A (2), ROOM D (4), ROOM E (1)

We would use this for columns like: room, level, finishes, ...

pieter5
Advisor

The column would of course be read-only (consistent with how numbers are treated now when you combine rows)

awasyliw
Advocate

It would be great to get the option to show the full series of values in a cell when you turn off itemise every instance. This would be really useful for various things and help schedules use less space on sheets.

See pics attached

With all instances itemised

ScheduleWithItemizeEveryInstance.png

Without all instances itemised

ScheduleWithoutItemizeEveryInstance.png

Without all instances itemised and with new option to list values in parameter column

ScheduleWithoutItemizeEveryInstance-ListedValues.png

I would make this an option in the "formatting" dialogue, possibly with the option to choose your separator character.

Tags (3)
pieter5
Advisor

Great post, but this might be a duplicate to https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/schedules-list-values-vs-blank-cells/idi-p/6773032

consider adding your vote there (and perhaps a link to this idea as well)

awasyliw
Advocate

Thanks, vote added.

awasyliw
Advocate

Great idea. I've voted here after being pointed to it when I posted a similar (same?) idea.

Votes there welcome too. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/schedule-show-as-series/idc-p/9058510#M29334 

SuminAV
Collaborator

Good new features in Revit 2022 when is possible to change a text for multiple values indication, but it will be perfect if we have an ability to choose another one option for this situation: show all values

I have illustrated this in the attached image

Capture1.JPG

pieter5
Advisor

I like this proposal, but might be a duplicate of this idea: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/schedules-list-values-vs-blank-cells/idi-p/6773032

Also, I would personally move these options into the calculation dropdown. That way the UI gets a bit cleared up and that dropdown finally gets some use for non-numerical parameters. And it now also becomes clear that both options are mutually exclusive: you either do a calculation or use a multiple value indication. 

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Thank you for the reference link, @pieter5 !

@SuminAV  What do you think about combining these?

-Kimberly

whitebirds2009
Participant

@kimberly.fuhrman yes, I suppose these ideas are almost the same 

elzohry2007
Collaborator

totally agree

ClaytonOC
Contributor

"Multiple Values Indication for Schedules." Please Create an Option that would allow for a listing of all the Outputs, in a particular field. For instance if you had a Revision Schedule and you wanted to list all the Sheets for a Revision that has the same revision Mark. The Field output would list all the sheets in the field,      A-101, A-102, A-201, A-301. Etc.  Instead of <varies>. This would be useful for many other schedules, and tags. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report