Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Tag Template

Revit Tag Template

Hi all, 

I came up with the idea of TAG TEMPLATES, this is to be able to set the desired tags accordingly to the view template.

Context:

My company uses different tags for the same element (columns, walls, footing, etc.) depending on the VIEW (floor plan, soffit plan, elevation view, section view, etc.). If someone is looking at a plan view the COLUMN TAG will call for elevations and height meanwhile, a section view will show only the COLUMN TYPE NAME.

alaraJ3LSY_4-1673387860970.png

This is my workflow:

STEP 1. Detailing phase: Open a section view (example)
STEP 2. click on Annotate tab and click on TAG (1).

STEP 3. Change the default tags (2 and 3) - I know I can change the tag from the properties tab, but this will add another click, and repeating this for large projects results in a waste of time. 

alaraJ3LSY_1-1673386179100.png

alaraJ3LSY_2-1673386415546.png

STEP 4. Tag elements on the section view. 
STEP 5. Switch to a different view (for example a plan view callout associated with the View mentioned in STEP 1).

STEP 6. Repeat steps 2 to 4.

I think it is possible to save a lot of clicking if there is a way of creating TAG TEMPLATES or TAG SETS. These TAG TEMPLATES then could be assigned to the associated view template this would be something like: 

alaraJ3LSY_3-1673387064754.png

Now every time I associate a view template, then I would be able to call for a TAG TEMPLATE too, and start tagging without the need of changing the default tags.

This idea will also work with text types, detail/model line styles, dimension styles, and so. 

I will be glad if the community has another hot idea about this.

Regards, 

1 Comment
Mike.FORM
Collaborator

So if I am understanding correctly you are wanting a template for tags that can be applied to views that dictates what the default tags are for the different categories. Si in a plan the default tag could be set as one type and then in elevation the default tag could be set as another type. All in all saving having to change the type manually when you are tagging or selecting the tags after tagging and changing to the alternate.

I agree this would be quite useful and would not have a negative impact as you could still maintain the overall default list as it currently is and just have a template per view that either keeps the standard default or overrides it to something else.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators