Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit for Mac

Revit for Mac

Please start producing REVIT for Mac. It is a must have application for architecture students and the mac industry occupies a huge part of the computer industry. We really need the software.

943 Comments
Chris.Aquino
Alumni
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you make a version of Revit that will run on Mac OS, I will buy it.

I would prefer not to have to use Bootcamp.

Please notify me of any developments in this regard.

All the best,

Cynthia Talley PLA

YarUnderoaker
Collaborator

Same idea Revit for Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I thought it was so extremely late and incredible shortsighted when you in late 2012 finally came with AutoCad for Mac. I was learning Revit since everything was finally moving to 3D as it should just like when I modelled visuals at university in 3D max in 2002, at that time mac was not a boost.

Then in 2007 the game changed people wanted better usuability and paid for it. But AutoCad was still AutoCad and working with architecture Autodesk had not given dimensions or drawingsspace for neither 3D Max nor Maya which have worked on mac for a time. I believe it is the first autodesk product that does.

So now in 2016 everyone are demanding 3D and BIM capable working software... Very few people are changing their macs for pc´s and Autodesk... 

Well what are you doing ? 

You should have forgotten old outdated 2D software, hell people use rhino for that, and in 2014 it was still free!

So when is Revit comming to mac ? it should have come in 2012-2013 and overtaken the market completely by surprice, but instead you are holding back on what should have been an obvious transition. WHY?

SO forget old 2d AutoCad macusers are going Vectorworks, Archicad, Rhino, you are waisting your money having mac programmers on Autodesk when they should have been doing Revit for mac.

When does it come? 

(And when you do make it, please dont make the same incredible stupid mistake to as with AutoCad, trying to make a new environment for people to learn, all universities have cheap windowsmachines, so when you learn the software and then change it completely is not a really good idea).

It should look exactly the same, same icons, same functions ect. no new fancy thing that people have to learn from the beginning. You audience is not that young...! Learning new things is just a hassel, more time spend from making money, and that is a bad insentiative for using your product. As it is the products is somewhat advanced and getting to know everything takes time, so starting from scratch to learn the software is not good.

I know you tried marketing Revit that it is possible with .. parallels, Vmware, maybe even virtualbox.. my experience is that Revit is HEAVY, and instead of making it leaner faster and better the next version just wants more space, more processorpower and more RAM, year after year. Then imagine running one system on top of another in a sandbox. Does that help the user ... it is possible, but not really a solution to make it work at its best.

Revit need to go to Mac natively, and it would be a grand bonus with some Maya plugin with it.

ErikFrandsen
Advocate

Add me to the long list of architects that are waiting for Revit to be on a Mac (without parallels).  Been waiting for 10 years now.  

filipefrancisco
Collaborator

Great Ideia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm studying Architecture. During last 2 year Revit become favorite software to work with of my course mates, mine too, even if I don't have. I'm currently working on Archicad, but there my wish to work on REVIT is unreal, because my notebook is quite new MacbookPro 2015. I'm quite interested to have Revit on my computer to start work on that. 

dkuzev
Participant

OH YES!

This is the ONLY reason for some people to still keep Bootcamp around.

I can't wait for the day when I will be working only on a Mac platform.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been requested for so many years! I don't understand why Autodesk will simply not port to mac. I bet it's one of the main reasons why a lot of Architecture firms use Archicad or even Autocad, as a lot of people still believe Mac = good for work/design

dgorsman
Consultant

"This has been requested for so many years! I don't understand why Autodesk will simply not port to mac."

While recent developments have made it easier, its still not a matter of "click-click-done".  Programs that have evolved for a long time on one OS make use of a lot of parts which are unique to that system.  In order to port to a different OS all of those dependencies have to tracked down, removed, and replaced with something equivalent - provide that actually exists.  In some cases the entire work process has to be rebuilt from scratch resulting in limited or no implementation of certain features in the new OS, and potentially breaking established parts in the current OS.

Now, I hear the screaming "But Maya, and Adobe, and (insert product name ____ here) already work!".  Well yes - they do.  And that's the point.  They have a long development history on both systems, and are built with that in mind.  Converting a program that's been long established in only one OS is a lot of work.  *IF* it becomes financially viable then Autodesk will be all over it.  Until then it's either Windows or dual-boot.

Chris_D_UK
Advocate

It's never gonna happen. Autodesk's future focus is the cloud and software-as-a-service. I expect to see it as a cloud service within the next few years - for all platforms that support desktop browsers, but you'll never see a Mac version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is about time for Autodesk to start releasing Revit Architecture for Mac
So many architects and designers use Revit, and Mac, but can't use them together, or have to install Parallels and ruin the computer's memory.
So it would be great if we could have it soon

ilya.khitrov
Alumni

I agree. Many users would like to have native Mac version of Revit!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Revit is the best.  Mac is the best OS.  Please make Revit  for OS.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's more of a dream than an idea...  Smiley Very Happy

With Autodesk's support of Frame, I can't see this EVER happening. Happy to be proven wrong though. 

FYI: http://architosh.com/2015/12/autodesk-and-frame-just-put-revit-on-the-mac-officially/

filipefrancisco
Collaborator

one day 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please make revit available for mac. Around me, so many people are messing with virtual macines to get it working.

To make bim and to be successful, Mac also needs support for Revit.

pieter1
Advisor

Please search before posting a new idea. There's an exact duplicate of this idea: Revit for mac

Also, it's a great idea to browse through the first few pages of the Most Voted Ideas and add your support to ideas you find helpful. There are a lot of really interesting ideas on there.

Anonymous
Not applicable
To make bim a great success you need rebut on all of the platforms
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boa tarde, Sei que existem vários fóruns sobre este assunto, mas como respostas para uma criação de contas, e com o mercado na área de arquitetura crescendo rapidamente em cada dia e os usuários de Mac também achei que muitas vezes me da uma boa noticia que existe nos dias Atuais Por acaso, Revit rodar na plataforma Mac.Sei que existe o Parallels eo Boot Camp, sou usuária, mas entendam que o Windows não se compara ao sistema do Mac, um Apple nos EUA Produtos de muita qualidade e com funcionalidade muito superior, o que ficou claro para mim quando usado Autocad no sistema Mac, se mostrou um programa excepcional, mais simples e muito mais leve, e porque isso não foi publicado não Revit ainda? Entendendo que é cada vez que você é mais usado por pessoas cada vez mais exigentes em poder fazer um projeto sem ver sua máquina sofrendo para gerar um simples Render, e isso ainda não é possivel rodando o Revit dentro do Windows. Autodesk tem os melhores programas sem dovidas, só falta para suporte para os mesmos rodaran nos melhores computadores.Att.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report