Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-host Connector

Re-host Connector

Please add the ability to edit the placement (host) of the connector.

Now If you need to change the placement of the connector to another face or plane - you need to delete the existing one, create new one and then specify all the parameters again!

8 Comments
casquatch
Collaborator

Please allow the ability to rehost a connector element within the family editor. This would save a lot of time recreating connectors with the correct properties as well as relinking any parameters for the connectors.

It doesn't happen often that we need to rehost them, but it also seems like a simple addition that is available to other face hosted items.

MarkK_EEA
Enthusiast

☝️ This! So much this!

Would be great for the BIM manager's quality of life.

team
Explorer

Pick New Host / Multiple / Topography / Same Place

There is no easy way to connect landscape families to the topography. As topography get increasingly more complicated, family and host connections are lost and it would be great to have the ability to select multiple objects and pick new host without moving them. Right now I have to painstakingly "Pick New Host" for each objects, which for hundreds of objects is ridiculous.

casquatch
Collaborator

@team, Try pinning your elements, then selecting them all and hitting pick new host. I believe this will keep them in the same spot while grabbing the new host. NOTE: I could be making this all up as I didn't test, but I believe that was the process.

Re-host Connector... why hasn't Autodesk made this happen yet?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

MarkK_EEA
Enthusiast

party.png

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2023! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

-The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report