Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Current Level" as a Level Filter Option

"Current Level" as a Level Filter Option

Too often doors and other objects are visible on levels below where I do not want to see them, for example, door swings visible below roofs.  While it is possible to filter doors by level a specific level must be chosen by name!  This makes the filter impossible to use in a template that is applied to views on different levels, and since filters must be chosen as an included or not included class within a view template, a level specific filter cannot be applied to any view controlled by a template with other filters active.  We need the ability to select the <current level> as an option for Below or Does Not Equal rules.

image.png 

12 Comments
chrisBW22T
Explorer

Yes! I'm new to Revit and have just started using filters - this is the first problem I have come up against! Filters could be so much greater with this functionality! Please implement this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Found this while searching for a way to filter certain objects below the current level without having to make a million plan regions. This would be an extremely helpful filter option!

crapai
Advocate

I would like this so we can have piping shown that services the floor it is used on. So it would show sanitary under the floor but not the vent for the floor below and vice versa for the vent and sanitary above.

acrossonbouwers
Contributor

I think it's a huge oversight to not have this functionality already present. instead of having one filter for all my views, I need a filter for EACH LEVEL, in addition to assigning each of these filters on a view-by-view basis. It's incredibly error prone and difficult to understand and set up. Having level as "<reference level>" would add so much more functionality and give possibilities to filters i haven't even thought of yet. 

elina.hyvamaki
Advocate

I agree! And <Current level> would be an extremely useful option for the "is above" and "is at or above" rules also. Then you could use a View template to control the visibility of objects above the current level, when using an Underlay with orientation "Look up" to represent them.

Agree, but would prefer the term "Associated Level" to be consistent with the view range terminology. Also in keeping with the view range settings there should be "level below" and "level above". Noting that the above and below settings for filters have only just been fixed for levels in Revit 2022.

macdemartos
Observer

Poder hacer un filtro, no asociado a un nivel concreto, sino al nivel asignado por la vista, por ejemplo, poder hacer un filtro para tramar todos los suelos que se encuentran en un nivel por debajo del nivel asociado a la vista. De tal manera que se pueda aplicar a una plantilla de vista sin tener que ir nivel por nivel.

Sería muy útil porque no tendrías que ir tramando los suelos, u otros elementos, uno a uno y vista a vista, para que los sombreados de estos elementos se vean más claros haciendo el plano más fácil de interpretar.

*En la imagen, que en "reglas de filtros", puedas elegir "nivel asociado a la vista".

(translation)

Being able to make a filter, not associated with a specific level, but with the level assigned by the view, for example, being able to make a filter to plot all the floors that are at a level below the level associated with the view. So that it can be applied to a view template without having to go level by level.

It would be very useful because you would not have to go plotting the floors, or other elements, one by one and view by view, so that the shading of these elements look clearer making the plane easier to interpret.

*In the image, that in "filter rules", you can choose "level associated with the view".

Tags (3)
payam.rad
Advocate

It would be great to have added feature in "Filters" for families that are Level-based to identify things such as:
Level> "Does Not Equal" > Current Level 
Or:
Level> "is Equal" > Levels Above

This allows for the view to react differently to different views based on each individual associated level.

payamrad_0-1660453020743.png

archusain.90
Contributor

Any news on this "<Current level>" issue? It is very much essential to be able to make the filter relative to current level, as it would be a lot easier to include in a View Template & transfer it to other projects.

ChrisGamble
Collaborator

One option as a work around in the meantime is worksets.

archusain.90
Contributor

@ChrisGamble Can you please elaborate on that a bit more?

ChrisGamble
Collaborator

@archusain.90 if you are working in a workshared model, you can create worksets from the collaborate tab and apply the workset like a layer (if your familiar with cad) to any model elements. I work in multifamily, so I work on some high rise apartments, and we create a workset for every level and apply our unit links to that workset, then i can control my apartments by workset, turning certain ones on or off or you can set rules in your filters with worksets. And in R22 and newer you can now add worksets as a parameter to scheduled elements. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report