Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules Zoom.

Schedules Zoom.

When we work in a big projet, there is a lot of informations and we have huge schedules.

The police is very small in the schedules and wen we work 3 day on it, it's makes us crasy! 

Allow an simple ZOOM in Revit will help our work.

27 Comments
JADAstudio
Collaborator

Currently, the on-screen text size in schedules is some of the smallest on-screen text in Revit. When using custom fonts the text can become even more difficult to read.

Provide some means to adjust the on-screen text size in schedules, separate and distinct from the printed text size. Enabling middle-mouse-button pan and zoom controls -- identical to model and drafting views -- would seem like a reasonable approach.

Simon_Weel
Advisor

Screen resolutions are getting higher and higher and my eyes are getting worse over the years. I can hardly read the text in schedules. But there's no way to increase the font size.... Now you CAN set the font size for Temporary Dimensions. Broaden that to Schedules and other dialogs with lots of text.

Tags (1)
jaboone
Advocate

I would also support this if we could scale the view similar to control wheel mouse in internet explorer or word.

jaboone
Advocate

There is another request like this already, but yes something needs to be done about schedules and font sizes as well as the ability to control how it is sized on a layout.  Even with the minimal amount of items a panel schedule is riduciously huge.

ac_bryant
Contributor

I agree. My 28" monitors make the text in a schedule miniscule.

schedule_text.JPG

lionel.kai
Advisor

@jaboone not sure which post you're referring to (there's about a HUNDRED schedule-related wishes), but here's another similar one:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/fix-the-schedule-editor-text-size-already/idc-p/6443300

dan.stine
Advocate

It would be helpful to print and zoom in schedule views.

Currently we have to place a schedule on a sheet to print it, or export to Excel.

Also, we cannot zoom, or magnify, a schedule view. Sometimes that would just be nice!

Tags (2)
tony.crawford
Enthusiast

+1

I totally agree that the ability to zoom in a schedule would be very useful.  This is even more needed after the schedule tool was changed to make the column widths on the sheet affect the column widths in the schedule view (a few versions ago). 

I still think that adjusting the column width on the sheet should NOT affect the column width on the schedule view, or vice-versa. The widths of the columns in those two views serve two different purposes.  On the sheet, the schedules should be readable when printed and they should look well formatted.  On the schedule view however, I typically want all my columns to fit on my screen (if possible) so that I can use them for QC or analysis -- regardless of the width on a sheet. 

Too often I have to pan left & right, and left & right in a schedule view to read the data in a schedule.  Adding the ability to zoom the schedule will reduce that. 

Thanks! 

Daniel.Stine.Gmail
Contributor

Maybe the column width being tied to sheets could be an option (like conditional formatting printing or not). Even better, it would be really nice if the Ribbon offered a Working View toggle/mode. This could allow hidden parameters to appear and unique column widths. We would not need to have separate "working" schedules as many currently do. On the Appearance tab, next to the Hidden option there could be a nested option called "Show in Working Schedule Mode". This would be very helpful!

pieter4
Advisor

Or having an option "show hidden columns in halftone" that applies only to the schedule view (not the sheet). 

dan.stine
Advocate

I like that... more generic that calling it "working view mode". 

schlueter
Advocate
tony.crawford
Enthusiast

There is also some more support for this idea (and related ideas) here: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/print-and-zoom-in-schedule-views/idi-p/6721704

...you may need to click this link twice. It doesn't seem to be working consistently. 

NateBrush
Advocate

Changing the text to WYSIWYG in 2017 was nice. If they applied that to schedule views, so they would appear the same while we edit as they do on sheet, it would eliminate a lot of headaches. Not being able to see all the text in a field, having to scroll through the text in the fields, etc., is really inefficient. Why not render schedules the same on sheet and in editing mode?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I can't believe this issue still hasn't been resolved. Yearly updates now with very little to show for it. Very disappointing. 

davidtetro
Advocate

Please, please, please provide a zoom functionality within the schedule window so we can zoom in and out for easier editing of schedule cell data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its so needed, because some fonts look ugly when small.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea! Go for it...

Magnus.B
Advocate

I often do Revit courses and demos, schedules are always impossible to see for an audience watching a live demo. 

hstaabprime
Advocate

Our office recently upgraded to 27" 4k monitors. Working with Revit schedules is now literally the most painful part of my job.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report