Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHASES & MEP. Be able to demolish elements while preserving their systems

PHASES & MEP. Be able to demolish elements while preserving their systems

When demolishing pipes (for example) at a later stage, the type of system and classification are shown as "Undefined" for all phases, even those before demolition.

Example: I create a pipeline with «Fecal» system in Existing Phase. At the moment in which I put that the demolition Phase is New Construction, that pipeline has an undefined system, in all phases.

I understand that it would be very useful to be able to keep the system in the pre-demolition phase for both viewing and filtering in the Existing phase.

4 Comments
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2023! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

-The Factory

rxi.gg
Advisor

So glad to read that! Thanks!

bpowellZV2J9
Community Visitor

Please tell me how I am suppose to connect to the pipe/duct that still thinks it is part of a system. You have made this change with out telling us how to work with your new changes.

casquatch
Collaborator

Unfortunately, this was a poorly implemented Idea. While the idea of having the systems connected makes sense, there isn't a way to disconnect things from the existing / demolished elements. So when you demolish something, it ALL stays connected, making it more work to connect a new phased element on the end of an open / existing to remain element (because the demolished element is still there and connected). 

I don't believe that the chain of demolished elements should be disconnected, that shouldn't change. BUT, the ability to easily define where things should be disconnected needs to be something we can do. As of now, with this change in Revit 2023, it's a nightmare to try and demo a part of a pipe and then attempt to connect a new element on the end of the existing pipe.

There is already an Idea for this ability, I would urge ALL who have commented or linked this Idea post to go and Like the one to fix this feature as well: Revit 2023 Disconnect at point for demolish - Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators