Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path of Travel - Obstacle Offset

Path of Travel - Obstacle Offset

There needs to be a way to control the offset of the Path of Travel lines around obstacles. Codes like NFPA 101 specify that when measuring Travel Path distances we must account for a minimum 12" offset from the edge of any obstacle. I do not currently see a way to control this in the Route Analysis Settings and do not see a clear indication in the Simulex engine of how this could be handled.

The only indication I see in this Autodesk Knowledge Article is that the Simulex engine does indeed offset for an "optimal walking path". We need better control of this offset to ensure our code requirements can be met.

2 Comments
sbrinkmeyer8U4LS
Participant

As a Fire Protection Designer, I am excited for the potential of the new Path of Travel Feature. However, in its current state it can not be used for Life Safety Path's Of Egress.  NFPA 101 requires the path of egress to have a 12" clearance from corners or obstructions and also to be along the center line of the path of travel.  It would be nice if the Path of Travel feature could be modified so it is compliant with NFPA 101. I am not sure what the solution would be, maybe an offset setting or the ability to add points to the path.

awasyliw
Advocate

A minimum clearance parameter around the path would seem like as sensible idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report