Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make a new profile from any sketch anywhere.

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, I'm assuming this would work as like a "Save As Profile" button whilst highlighting sketch lines?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there would be many ways to implement this, ie. a context menu offering to save the profile inside the project or a separate file, also an extra entry on the ribbon next to the OK and cancel buttons is possible. If this takes on at all I am sure the UI experience people at Autodesk will find the best possible way to market this.

How about something like pick another object's profile?

If the selection had more than one profile you would be offered another choice.

Or this could be like the family editor offering you to close the sketch or to save it, close it and load it into its host element. Or Revit could save all profiles, maybe in families/profiles, as they come along so you could drag them into your edited extrusion, sweep etc. when you need it. If you shift dragged it into your edit, the profile would be made into a new individual copy. The curly brackets used for system generated 3d views springs to mind as an idea how to show these auto-generated profiles. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators