Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear Dimension Read Convention option of Vertical

Linear Dimension Read Convention option of Vertical

Currently we can use read convention to have a vertical dimension's text set to Horizontal. What cannot currently be done is have a horizontal Linear Dimension text align Vertically.

Something close can be done with Setting the Dimension String Type to Ordinate and then use Ordinate Dimension settings and set it Parallel to Witness Line. The problem I am encountering is if I want a series of dimensions Say 2' - 0" to be read vertically. In ordinate it reads 0, 2', 4' 6' etc... Instead of 2', 2', 2'

While trying to fix this I was considering making the text blank and using the text tool and rotate the text that way. But There were 100 Dimensions it was not Realistic. This brought me to another feature request. Turn off Text option. Right now people are doing the following: click the dimension, then set it to "Replace with text" and then right click the text area and "Insert unicode character", "unit seperator".

The problem with this is you have to do it for each Dimension... again with over 100 dimensions.... Not useful.

1 Comment
tjuneau
Participant

I would like this too. If possible have all iterations for Read Convention to either be always horizontal, always vertical or always perpendicular to dimension line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report