Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter rules " if THIS, then THAT" - example stated not possible atm

Filter rules " if THIS, then THAT" - example stated not possible atm

Hi there!

I great filter option would be " if THIS, then THAT" for example with THIS being workset visibility and THAT being the variable.

The example I have is, I need a specific element to be hidden if a specific workset it visible - any work arounds would be welcome, but I think it is possible with a filter if workset parameters are available. 

Thanks!

4 Comments
Mike.FORM
Advisor

How is this different than what is currently available? Apply the filter to the category you want to hide and then uncheck visibility in the filters list of VG setting. Anything in that category will be off if the workset is shown in the view.

MikeFORM_0-1675693460016.png

lanaPMF9P
Explorer

Hi @Mike.FORM 

Following you're advice I still get a bit stuck.

lanaPMF9P_1-1675806966849.png

I can see how it could work however I'n not sure how I can configure the rules to work -only- when the 10_Ground floor workset is visible. And if I could get such a filter working in reverse that would be great - ie if the 10_Ground floor workset is hidden then the mass marked HIDE will be visible. 

Mike.FORM
Advisor

Actually I see the issue now. You are correct you cannot control the visibility of an item if the filter is on or off, you can only currently control if the mass is off if it is on a particular workset. I have voted to add.

lanaPMF9P
Explorer

Hi @Mike.FORM 

Glad to see your comment - I hadn't got around to trying out your method so good to hear that it wasn't just me! 

All the best 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators