Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Demand Current Per Phase

Estimated Demand Current Per Phase

There are parameters for the current for phases A, B, and C which shows the connected load amperage for each phase. What we want to show in our panel and switchboard schedules is the estimated demand current for phases A, B, and C. There only is a Total Estimated Demand Current parameter. 

I think that having estimated demand current parameters for each phase is CRITICAL for sizing the bus correctly. The connected load current is too large and not realistic for sizing the bus. 

If I size the bus off of the apparent load current per phase then my bus is too big. If I size the bus off of the Total Estimated Demand Current, then one of the phases could have more demand current than my bus and I wouldn't know.

4 Comments
scott_dakin
Collaborator

I would like to be able to add Demand Factor to the columns in a Panel Schedule.

I would like to have the demand factor in the summary at the bottom of the Panel Schedule be the actual setting rather than the percentage. Although the % figure is technically correct it doesn't mean anything useful and can't be used for anything.

I am trying to handover the panel schedules in Revit to a colleague so that the values can be entered into the cable design software we use. There is nowhere on the panel schedule that states what the circuits load actually is after diversity which is a crucial bit of information I can't do without.

We are having to manually multiply the demand factor by the stated load for the circuit to get the actual load, this is very time intensive and completely unnecessary.

Tags (2)
scbunker
Collaborator

I at least agree with being able to show demand factor rather than percentage in the summary. 

For a demand factor column, how do you expect it to work when  you have multiple demand factors used in the circuit? 

scott_dakin
Collaborator
The column should give a percentage, at least that is applicable to the circuit instead of the entire contents of the panel. I don't think there is a better way.
I would also want the actual load after diversity is applied, I would settle for just the actual load truth be told.
Having the % at the bottom and a non-diversified load for each circuit turns the numbers into meaningless junk. The circuit load bears no relation to the actual current load on the cable and that's what the UK standard is based around when sizing cables.
wijbren.deboer
Explorer

After a quick search this seems a very old idea (2008!) but it still isn't implemented.

I don't think a lot of work is needed to implement this feature because it is already available as a total.

Electrical components can be assigned to Electrical Circuits.

Electrical Circuits keep track of total power connected and which load classification/demand factors are assigned.

From those values an estimated demand can be calculated.

It is strange that this value is not visible per Circuit but it is shown as a total in the Electrical Equipment.

For this there must be made calculations per Circuit but those are not accessible.

I would like to have the estimated demand as a calculated parameter per Circuit.

This value is needed for engineering the Panel Board.

Other ideas where this feature is asked:

Estimated demand - Autodesk Community - Revit Products

Electrical Demand Factor - Autodesk Community

Switchboard Panel Schedule: show Estimated Demand in 'circuit area' of panel schedule - Autodesk Com...

Estimated Demand Current Per Phase - Autodesk Community

Tags (7)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report