Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Equipment - Panel and Circuit parameters required in Schedules

Electrical Equipment - Panel and Circuit parameters required in Schedules

When creating circuitry in Revit I would like to be able to schedule the panel and circuit of my electrical equipment category elements.

I use this method for other categories to find equipment that has not been provided with a supply and also give these schedules to our subcontractors.

I use this category for nurse call panels, fire alarm panels, DALI lighting controllers etc.

9 Comments
aaron.jonesSAP83
Advocate

This would be incredibly nice.  Being forced to have two separate columns for panel and circuit number looks quite strange on a schedule.  It'd be nice if you could set up the formatting on a column similarly to the way you set up a label in a tag.  Some kind of setup where you can bring multiple parameters in, assign a way to separate them (dash, space, etc.), and have them display like that in a column would be amazing.

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk

@scott_dakin2 - Electrical Equipment  has a 'Supply From' parameter that reports what it is connected to... too meet your goal of 'to find equipment that has not been provided with a supply' is this sufficient?  I find it a bit odd that circuit number isn't included there, so perhaps that all that is missing for this request?

@aaron.jonesSAP83 - is this what you're looking for?

aaron.jonesSAP83
Advocate

@Martin__Schmid, that is what I'm looking for.  I hadn't been given an opportunity to work in Revit 2017 yet when I wrote that, so I guess that comment no longer applies.  Thanks for answering.

dbutts7
Collaborator

@Martin__Schmid I just ran into a similar problem - didn't know that the circuit number associated with electrical equipment is not available for use with tags. We have equipment switches in the electrical equipment category that we use for service disconnect as well as safety disconnect. I've got a version that is defined in the electrical fixtures category that works, so that's my current work around, but we still need to be able to track circuit data for some electrical equipment components.

Let me know if you need an example, I can post one if needed.

thanks - David B.

r.robert.bell
Advocate

Ugh... we need the Circuit Number parameter for Electrical Equipment. I can live with Supply From for what is otherwise known as Panel in Electrical Fixtures, but I can't believe that Circuit Number is still not exposed!

We don't draw wires as a best practice and that is (sadly) the only way to currently tag the circuit that Electrical Equipment is on.

We don't want wire!We don't want wire!

dbutts7
Collaborator

Yep - we've been rolling most of our content that needs circuits out of the electrical equipment category, and have just been creating a corresponding "fixture" type family for the control panels (fire alarm, security, electrical fixtures for the process equipment, etc.)

r.robert.bell
Advocate

But since Electrical Equipment is the only category that accepts connections, some content does need to be in that category. For example, it's pretty difficult to leverage the database for fire alarm systems if your FACP is not in Electrical Equipment. 😉

I have moved a couple of families from Electrical Equipment to Electrical Fixtures due to this issue. But I really can't move families such as FACP or lighting control panels away from Electrical Equipment.

dbutts7
Collaborator

Yea, If only i could get the users to actually define special systems...we're still mostly in drafting mode for these...

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report