Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Profile from Type Properties dialog

Edit Profile from Type Properties dialog

I placed a Facia, and the used Profile needs adjustment. But what's the name of the Profile? I have to click the Facia, on the Properties Panel click Edit Type and then I can see the name of the profile. Next I have to click Cancel, look up the profile in the Family Browser and click Edit. How nice would it be if there was an Edit Profile button right next to the Profile name on the Type Properties panel!

There are many more Families referring to other Families that could do with this kind of functionality. For example, the Symbol in the Level system family, the Tags in Sections etc.

3 Comments
damo3
Advisor

I was just about to post this same idea. I was editing a gutter. I went through the same process.

1. identify the profile in the gutter type properties <<<I want to edit the profile type properties from here, instead...
  2. find the profile in the browser and create a new type
  3. Create a new gutter type and update the type properties with the new profile to go with it.

we really need this functionality. Autodesk already started this in 2017 with stairs. You can now access railing profiles type properties from stair types. 

p.s. I KNOW more people want this functionality, I can only assume its low vote count is due to this being an early idea and it has gotten lost in the forest of ideas never to see the first 1 or 2 pages of 'hot ideas'. 

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report