Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Ceilings via Dynamo or API

Create Ceilings via Dynamo or API

We need to be able to create ceilings programmatically - whether using Dynamo or the API. Ideally we would be able to create a ceiling object whose sketch is based on the boundary of a Room. Using Dynamo we can already create floors based on the geometry of the Room. But the API does not provide a way to create new ceilings. This would really help improve our BIM workflow.

31 Comments
phil.milecracken
Contributor

Yes,

For now I am going to model roofs as ceilings, floors as roofs, butter my toast inverted.

thanx,

doctor phostle 

miguel.rus
Explorer

Any updates on this?

dgwilliams
Community Visitor
Let’s make this happen ADSK
ambren
Contributor

A feature that should already exist really. Autodesk, we have floor, roof and ceiling by footprint already, can't we just make this work on Dynamo?

Just get it done Autodesk, stop making my life a pain in the ass.

e_juma
Enthusiast

Really want this be supported in API. Can you do it, Autodesk friends?

redfler
Contributor

It will be very useful to have this API, thanks

BenGuler
Contributor

I would really appreciate this implementation! Frees up so many workflows. You guys can do it!!

Tranthuy.arc01
Community Visitor

2 Years and nothing happened

crthomas
Contributor
Yep. I guess they're done making Revit better.
panasitiB8QEQ
Explorer

+1

gregoriosaura
Contributor

+1

KalvinC
Participant

I can do this with floors why would I not be able to do this with ceilings?

bowencall
Explorer

Please implement this ASAP. Thank you ADSK!

ddixon7F8LC
Advocate

Can we get this pushed out from the API please? We have hundreds of applications that require this immediately for Mechanical, Electrical and Architectural. Thank you. 

ddixon7F8LC
Advocate

MicrosoftTeams-image (5).png

@crthomas  Workarounds....Always workarounds...But if you want ceilings to show with a thickness, material, etc and have it linked to parameters for scheduling, then this is it! Directshapes. They are a bit permanent, but it is a very fast way to create hundreds/thousands of ceilings in your project using a program or database related to room data. 🙂 

phil.milecracken
Contributor

yes, would be good to have to stop manual creation the auto-ceiling commands dont work 

peterkamal91
Enthusiast

Yeah, it is very important and will  save a lot of time, I hope to see this feature soon

guuuugl
Observer

not that autodesk ever cared about what their customers want in a product, but +1 for a usable solution......

Jensm_BIG
Participant

I asked them the question at the last EU BiLT conference in Edinburgh, and the official answer was that apparently the code behind ceilings is too old to support the API, as the API was written into Revit after the code was created for ceilings. They will be looking into it, but I'm just amazed how that can possibly be the answer, I mean how many programmers do they need to rewrite the code for ceilings?! If they need 20 then hire 20... for the prices we pay for Revit it should be peanuts...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report