Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Parameter for Filled Regions

Color Parameter for Filled Regions

I would like a Color Parameter for Filled Regions in the Family Editor. When I want a Detail Component with different color options, I need to draw multiple Filled Regions in the Family Editor and assign Visibility Parameters to them. This is allot of work and users get predefined colors instead of choosing the color they want. We already have the new Fill Pattern Parameter which is great. Having a Color Parameter for Foreground and Background would really make sense.

1 Comment
Krzyszt0f
Contributor

Agreed.

By comparison, Archicad has a brilliant fill tool -- you can draw a sketch or spline or group of unclosed lines, it will close the boundary for you and create a fill. The lineweight for the boundary and fill patterns, the pattern appearance, colour and background colour or transparency amount are ALL by instance, by just changing a parameter in the properties palette.

You can also use the match properties tool, or select a bunch of fills and change them all to your preset appearance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators