Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated value in Color Fill Legends

Calculated value in Color Fill Legends

We recently got Calculated values in Tags.

I would like to be able to do a Calculated value in a Color Fill Legend.

As an example, I would be able to color rooms that have, "(Actual Airflow / Specified Airflow) < 1" Red.

4 Comments
Magnus.B
Advocate

Yes, Love the Idea!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In a similar vein, it would be great if Color Fills could actually relate to the model better. So for example, if you could assign a color to a particular room parameter, and have it be consistent across multiple color fill schemes, it would make the Color Fills much more useful!

bvirglSB7SX
Observer

This would be a much desired feature.

Evan.S.Hall
Enthusiast

Yes please. It would also be nice to be able to include combination fields.

I know I can kind of do this in schedule, or it can be done if we create a new shared parameter and fill out the value manually or with Dynamo, but these options are not as useful or robust. Some fields that would be nice to visualize:

Specified Supply Air/Square foot

(nearly anything quantifiable)/Square foot

Net airflow into/out of a space

A combination of temperature set point values (min - max)

A combination of a few different space classification data

These are mostly HVAC examples, but I'm positive there are some creative users from other disciplines that could make use of such a feature.

Also note that this has come up on other forums:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/color-fill-schemes/td-p/3456746

https://www.revitforum.org/forum/revit-all-flavors/wish-lists-feature-requests/-2011-archive/3583-

@Ricard_S, thanks for the original post. Are you able to edit the subject to include the phrase "color scheme"? That might help attract more traffic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report