Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Tray Modelling - Vertical Orientation

Cable Tray Modelling - Vertical Orientation

Be able to model MEP cable tray in the vertical orientation and allow for horizontal tray to be readily rotated into the vertical.   

It feels like this should already be a basic feature but somehow it isn't and our organisation, and I imagine all other organisations, waste hundreds of productive hours a year trying to create work rounds and 'that'll do scenarios' for what should be a standard modelling capability.

1 Comment
Phil-Battershill
Participant

I'm an Electrical Design Draughtsman and I've been using Revit for a little while now. But I can not believe that Autodesk have not sorted the  problem of placing electrical tray and ladder racking in a vertical position on a wall or in space. Without it flipping back to horizontal when you connect Cable tray Fitting to it. This has been happening for a very long time now. Without it ever looking like it is going to be sorted. My company pays a lot of money a year to Autodesk for the software. Which in a lot of ways seems not fit for purpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators