Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R: Make Team Folders/Subfolders Visible in Revit

C4R: Make Team Folders/Subfolders Visible in Revit

Hi there, just chiming in to say that it'd be great if subfolders of Projects created in Team also functioned in Revit.

Aside from a customer requesting this, it can help with archiving older versions of models.

15 Comments
Ian.Ceicys
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

dswilson
Autodesk

Hey John,

this is a common request and we are currently considering this for a future release.

Regards,

Dave

ottoevans3
Community Visitor

Yes please!  This is essential for large scale multi-disciplinary projects.  Especially since you already cannot control permissions to individual files. 

constanze.rinza
Contributor

Hi,

this is very important for my company too.

we use own folder structure

garypyles
Advocate

This is absolutely required and a critical oversight in the development of C4R.

marco.ghezzi
Participant

Hi, 

even for us it is very difficult to handle so many files without subfolders.

garypyles
Advocate

How can we get this escalated so it can get resolved?  This should be a priority for development before any other bell or whistle that does not add to productivity.  Our Revit user group at our office only has 3 operators.  However, between the 3 of us we will have hundreds of active projects that can not be archived.

dswilson
Autodesk

It's possible after initiating collaboration on a model, you can move the model to a subfolder within your project from the Team portal. This won't break any of the synching workflows. That should allow you to proceed with your archiving.

Regards,

Dave

garypyles
Advocate

Thanks for the comment.  I realize this and we are currently doing this.  This does not address the issue.  This is NOT for archiving purposes.  We will have hundreds of concurrent sites in design/construction at the same time and the projects stay open until after construction is finished and a post construction inspection is conducted so that As-Built drawings can be made.  A Project within BIM 360 Team may have 15 to 20 Links and each Link may have up to a dozen sites.  All of these show up under the project in C4R.  Even though they have been moved in B360T.

This is a work around at best and costs us hours of extra file management time to address an overlooked feature.

dswilson
Autodesk

Understood and thanks for your candor.

Regards,

Dave

garypyles
Advocate

I appreciate you keeping this alive.  I hope this gets addressed soon.  Thanks again!

any news on this?

garypyles
Advocate
No, Autodesk says it is now on the wish list.

I guess this won't be supported because BIM 360 Team is moving to BIM 360 Design Collaboration. It seems like folders will be viewable in Revit when opening from Design Collaboration.

garypyles
Advocate

This is resolved in BIM 360 DOCs,  BIM 360 Team is end of life.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report