Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bury the "Reset Shape" Tool

Bury the "Reset Shape" Tool

Please, please move the "Reset Shape" tool under the drop down "Shape Editing" menu bar. Or at least add an "Are you sure?" warning when it is clicked on. I'm not a huge fan of having what is essentially a nuclear bomb that can be set off with a single click just sitting on the menu bar.

I hadn't done much with editing floors or roofs manually like the new toposolids feature, but I'm surprised the button has always just sat there under all of those tools. I know it can be a easily undone if its caught quickly, but this can easily undo hours of work in a toposolid. Pleeease add some protections to prevent this being set off with a single click.

3 Comments
Joey_JM
Advocate

Absolutely agree with this one!

I never liked this being so easily accessible and so close to all the other floor editing options and like @mhiserZFHXS explain this becomes especially apparent with the new Toposold. Yikes! I'm terrified for when the inevitable happens and i need to redo an entire topo.

Gives us an optional warning at the very least. I know this may upset some people so give them the option to deactivate via revit.ini.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

To follow the progress of features in development, please see the Revit Public Roadmap and join the Revit Preview Release to participate in feature testing. (Note that Accepted Ideas may not be immediately available.)

-The Factory

samuelsanf
Advisor

Editing the "Thickness" parameter in a non-flat toposolid with variable layer (also happends in floors) flatterns the toposolid.

This parameter should be locked when the toposolid is not flat... or at least call a pop-up windows asking if the user wants to flattern all the points/split-lines of the toposolid (because practically no one would want to do that).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators