Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind Revit Link - Maintain Phases Option

Bind Revit Link - Maintain Phases Option

When binding a Revit link it would be extremely helpful to have a "Maintain Phases" check box. This would also require a Phase Mapping dialog like we currently have in Type Properties for Revit Links. I guess this could just be a link to that dialog as the Bind command is working on a link.

Currently all phasing is mapped to the phase of the current view during the bind operation, which makes for big problems - especially for items that were set to be demolished.

15 Comments
FAIR59
Advisor

Also it would be nice to maintain the Worksets of the Link. I guess that would mean that the link is imported as an assembly, instead of a group.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

kasperc89
Contributor

@sasha.crotty 

I absolutely support, that you should be able to maintain phasing when binding a link. 

I have more than 20 links that needs to be binded with phasing. Any suggestions of what to do?

This quite a problem for us. 

Thanks. 

summer.schaller
Observer

We have a serious need for this as well. We're unsure how else to bring an older, phased project into a new template without being able to bind a link while maintaining the phases.

TueKappel_
Participant

I concur this. The problem is spreading into IFC Export as well, as we are choosing the option "Export linked files as separate IFCs", and all our linked files are exported....with demolished geometry all over! Apparely all phases are exported.

I think Revit might be doing a "bind" operation as preparation for the IFC export (to export the correct shared site of the linked files), and thereby setting all geometry to be exported, regardless of phases.

casquatch
Collaborator

Agreed. This should be fixed. Does this have to be recreated as a new Idea? How can we get it un-archived?!

nicole
Community Visitor

Agreed.  This is needed.

adriengesulfo
Participant

We need this functionality ASAP. Thank you in advance for the support !

Neeeed it! Also maintain design options when you're at it!

thomae_HuK
Contributor

Cannot be it still doesn´t exist.

rumy.apostolova
Observer

We need this functionality ASAP!!

dan.stine
Advocate

Only 8 votes in four years and this topic has been archived (notice that at the very top)! Ugh.

rumy.apostolova
Observer

The numbers of existing buildings in BIM are rising up....Can we not vote again?

sdurkee_sa
Enthusiast

Looks like this was archived, but it is still an issue. Everyone who comes across this post, please vote for the "Bind Revit Link - Maintain Phases" idea at https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/bind-revit-link-maintain-phases/idi-p/7464661 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report