Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API access to Room openings geometry and materials in Revit

API access to Room openings geometry and materials in Revit

Currently, there is no easy way to access the geometry of a room with its openings. It would be very helpful to have one.

26 Comments
cmungenast
Participant

Yes, please.

ALso open up the properties of geometry in curtain panel families so dynamo/addins can look for transparent panes. Very often there is a mix of several different materials in curtain panel families, and currently this valuable modeling technique makes it vary hard to calculate WWR and daylighting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also strongly support this.

YarUnderoaker
Collaborator

I guess this idea is intersect with Real Fnish Materials on Rooms Schedules 

If we get room as real geometry object with ability to define a layered structure of surfaces (wall, floor, ceil finishing, skipboard and etc.) then we can get configure and automate this process by API.

May be room must be placed between core wall or room separators and then coated with insulation and finishing.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

We are updating this thread to Gathering Support. We are continuing to evaluate where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

r.godin
Explorer

has the subject been resolved since then? because I have been looking for the solution for several months. Thank you

omarselim4YDX7
Explorer

I also strongly support this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report