Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a Gaps in Segments Option to Level Line

Add a Gaps in Segments Option to Level Line

I would like my level line to be broken as we sometimes want the level indicator to appear on both sides of a building elevation or other views, but don't want the line to cut through the building elevation or section.

This can be done with section marker lines.  Please bring the functionality over to the level line!

This is not something that happens a lot, but I would hope you can see the benefit of having this option!

Ric_Weber_0-1717503356505.png

7 Comments
RicWeber
Contributor

I would like my level line to be broken as we sometimes want the level indicator to appear on both sides of a building elevation or other views, but don't want the line to cut through the building or section.

This can be done with section marker lines and grid lines.  Please bring the functionality over to the level line!

This is not something that happens a lot, but I would hope you can see the benefit of having this option!

A previous idea on this subject was archived so I am going to try again and hope that we can get this!  Thank you.

Gmorrell47
Participant

Hi Revit,

It would be great if you had the option to split an elevation line to display a level head on either side of a building elevation without the line going through the entire elevation. It would really allow me to clean up my elevations, while still effectively showing the levels.

Tags (3)
samuelsanf
Advisor

Hi @Gmorrell47 ,

You mean a "center gap" like the ones in Grids. Split sounds like the "split segment" for section views-

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmorrell47 

This idea already exists: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/break-level-line/idi-p/10864586. 

I do agree with @samuelsanf though.  I used the term "break" in my idea, but he is correct, we really should be referring to this as a "center gap". 

@sasha.crottycould you merge these two ideas?  Thank you!

juliaGTU4B
Observer

must have this!

Iev60047
Advocate

Great idea! I just ran into the need for this a week ago.

PaulTOB
Enthusiast

Thank you. I have wanted this for so long.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators