Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abandon Changes and Sync

Abandon Changes and Sync

I think there should be another synchronize option for working with cloud models. The ability to abandon all changes and reload the latest model would be very helpful when working with live models when referencing. I sketch frequently on the revit model to design and detail, and these are not meant to be permanent/ visible changes, just temporary marks. When its time to actually update the model, I either have to undo all of my changes one by one, or close and reopen the model, to ensure that none of my temporary sketching accidentally gets uploaded to the live model. If I could just abando all changes with the click of a button to ensure a clean model and sync, that would be great. 

2 Comments
mhiserZFHXS
Advisor

I would think there are multiple ways you could manage this now. Whether its using a workset for sketching, or filters to easily hide any sketching.

I guess something that needs to be clarified is, what do you mean by "sketching"? Are you using drafting lines or actual model elements?

Those are good questions,

Worksets and filters may work in most cases. I am not too experienced with Revit, but if I am looking through a model and referencing it for calculations and alternative framing, I change the drawings and model elements, but after my messing around in the model I want to undo most of my changes/ensure I am back to where I started and only save a few of updates I've decided on. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators