Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLISHING ON A360 & CONTROLLING PUBLISHED INFORMATION AS PER PAS:1192 CDE

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
AndrewWoods.PT.BMan
754 Views, 11 Replies

PUBLISHING ON A360 & CONTROLLING PUBLISHED INFORMATION AS PER PAS:1192 CDE

Hello

I am new to A360 and Team and experimenting with it to determine if we should use it on our current projects along with C4R.

When I PUBLISH a model I can select which VIEWS and SHEETS I want the user to see.

In order for me to have a successful workflow for using A360 as a CDE that conforms to PAS 1192 Collaborative Working I would have expected when they download the model, only the VIEWS/SHEETS I have published would be available in the  Revit model so I have control of the published views I want other disciplines/clients/stakeholders to see.

However this does not appear to be the case; whatever views / sheets I select to PUBLISH all views /sheets appear in the model regardless of the settings.

How then can I control what the user sees once the model is downloaded?

Please advise? 

Regards

Andrew

Highly skilled, professional and self-motivated BIM Manager with an extensive background in the construction industry.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hello, Andrew,

I would like to ask if you are selecting the specific sheets you want to publish with the Views for A360 tool?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

Give it a check. Might be what you are looking for.

Dan Faba
Autodesk Revit Technical Support
Message 3 of 12

Dear Dan

That is exactly what I am doing; and this then shows up in the Team Viewer correctly. However, when I download the Revit model, it reverts back to all the views/sheets that where in the original file.

Regards

Andrew

Highly skilled, professional and self-motivated BIM Manager with an extensive background in the construction industry.
Message 4 of 12

When you download the project, do you download from the cloud into your computer to edit?

Is this behaving the same way for other people? Other profiles? Other computers?

Who is the project Owner? That person can setup the permissions to see/edit/download the file.

Dan Faba
Message 5 of 12

I am the only person using this at the moment as we are just using the TRIAL version of Collaboration for Revit to test.

Can I ask; is it intended that the downloaded version only contains the views/sheets published?

Regards

Andrew

Message 6 of 12

Yes, it is intended that the model borne in the Cloud will only have to display the views and sheets that were originally uploaded with the model by the author.

Dan Faba
Message 7 of 12

Yes I understand that and that bit when you view the model on the cloud does only show the vies/sheets published - however, when the file is subsequently downloaded, it still contains all the views/sheets in the CENTRAL file - this then becomes impossible to control what the user who has downloaded should see.

Message 8 of 12

@AndrewWoods.PT.BMan when you download the model (the RVT file itself), you are getting the whole model, complete with everything in it.  We don't currently have the ability to purge out sheets and views that are not part of the publish.  When you select sheets you want to view from BIM 360 Team (in the publish set) this is simply what can be seen in the viewer.  You can create a public link to the model online and prevent people from downloading the model so that they can see the sheets but cannot physically download the model.  I can see as a request some opportunity to have a separate download where users could download a PDF/DWF of the sheet view they are interested in.  You may want to post something on the BIM 360 Team idea station to see if it can gain some traction there.  

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 9 of 12

Thank you for your response. However, this is a disappointing element of 360 Team. Back in April 2016 Autodesk published a Whitepaper "Autodesk and the UK BIM Level 2 Mandate" (see attached screenshot). Great to see Autodesk contribute knowledge for this important workflow and design their software to assist with this.

Part of implementing PAS 1192 is the control of published information through a CDE. We need to be able to share the model for other disciplines to coordinate with; however we also must have control over which sheets/views get published along with the model when the other discipline download the model for coordination etc. (just downloading PDF etc is not workable, they need the model).

I feel Autodesk have gone a long way towards this workflow when the model is viewed online; that is excellent, but it would be very beneficial if that same set of 'published' views/sheets is maintained in the downloaded version, otherwise as soon as other disciplines/stakeholders open the downloaded version, they have access to all the sheets that where previously hidden or not ready to share (as per the approval gates mentioned in PAS 1192).

Regards

Andrew

Message 10 of 12

I also find this quite disappointing. We have secure projects where we must withhold information that is located on the sheets and provide the full model, where this information is not available.

I still need to play with the trial, but perhaps it is possible to publish the sheets on A360 and only have a model that has been e-transmitted with all views purged to be available for download?

Message 11 of 12
AdamPeter
in reply to: sarsenault2CCSS

One possible work around is to create a shared project where everyone is invited as editors.  Then in your worksharing project you could open the model, do a saveas, purge the extra sheets/views out and then upload it to the shared project through the web browser.  In this way all the work in progress is available to those team members who need edit access to the latest and greatest.  Those who just need to have access to a clean version of the model have it through the shared project.  I'm not saying this workflow doesn't have it's flaws but it might be one way to handle it in the short term.  We are really grateful for the feedback and want to continue to hear from you about ways we can make your experience the best it can be! 

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 12 of 12

Hi Adam

Thank you for the feedback; that is effectively what we are doing now using BIM 360 DOCS as a CDE. The problem is as is often the case these days with large projects, the model data can be made up of many files federated to create the building (I currently have to manage 105 Revit files for one hospital). At the moment I have to open every file and purge and delete views and sheets (I can't use e-transmit because it either keeps everything or deletes everything whereby I want to keep some sheets.

When I saw Team demonstrated it was the perfect solution; until I tested it and found the downloaded version retains all view/sheets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report