Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zig Zag Line pattern

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kjskoog
22584 Views, 10 Replies

Zig Zag Line pattern

I was asked if I can create a "zig zag" line pattern in Revit. I was able to with AutoCAD. What is the best way to do this in Revit?

Thank you.

Kory Skoog

CAD/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
loboarch
in reply to: kjskoog

Line patterns in Revit will not allow a "zig zag" or any special characters. Dashes and dots are pretty much the menu you have to choose from. 

"lines" with a special character can be created using a repeating detail.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 11
L.Maas
in reply to: kjskoog

You also could try to create a line based family, depending on where you need the zig-zag lines for

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 11
kjskoog
in reply to: L.Maas

We create a "zig zag" to show fire walls around stairs and elevators as the city code requires a different symbol for a shaft fire rating or continuous fire barrier from floor to roof deck. I will look at creating a repeating detail to see if that works or a family based line.

Thank you.

Kory Skoog

CAD/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
Message 5 of 11

I'M getting really good at this repeating detail thing.  Made 2,  .5" lines at 45 degrees and walah!  zig zag linetype!repeating detail  for a zigzag linerepeating detail for a zigzag line

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: leilani.gnall-gregory

HI, @leilani.gnall-gregory I'm trying to do the same thing here, could you explain in more detail what you did to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think I found the way to do it using your directions. Here I'll post a detailed way to achieve this:

1. Create a Detail Item Family creating a rotated "V".

Create a Detail Item Family.Create a Detail Item Family.

2. Duplicate an existing Repeating Component.

Duplicate an existing Repeating Component.Duplicate an existing Repeating Component.

3. Assign the Family created in "1."

Asign the detail family and fill the gapsAsign the detail family and fill the gaps

4. Enjoy! 😄

Just Draw!Just Draw!

Hope it helps anyone else. Thanks to the previous directions!

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
priscilla.haas

Bonjour, j’ai utilisé la même procédure pour créer une ligne d’étanchéité.

Malheureusement, j'ai des petits soucis au niveau des angles. pouvez-vous m'aider à regler ceci (ou avez-vous une autre technique pour faire une ligne d'étanchéité? )

Moderator note: English translation added:

Hello, I used the same procedure to create a sealing line.

Unfortunately, I have some problems with the corners. Can you help me to fix this (or do you have another technique to make a sealing line?)

etanchéité 1.JPG       etanchéité 2.JPG

Message 9 of 11
luisPDAN6
in reply to: priscilla.haas

Message 10 of 11
priscilla.haas
in reply to: luisPDAN6

Yes, it's What that I would, but this one is for 4.95$... It isn't a lot of money but my office don't want to pay families. They want we create it ourself or take free 😞 ...... thank you anyway

Message 11 of 11
fahrularifin411

THANKS A LOT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report