Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes/No Shared Parameters in View Template

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SamC4PXT
222 Views, 2 Replies

Yes/No Shared Parameters in View Template

Hi guys,

I've made a yes/no shared parameter called "Painted" to eventually create a view template filter that will change the pattern and color to indicate that an element is to be painted. I did this by creating the shared parameter under Misc, discipline is Common, Type of Parameter is Yes/No. I then went into Project Parameters and applied the shared parameter to it with Instance instead of Type, and group parameter under Identity Data. "Values are aligned per group type" and checked on curtain wall mullions and windows (because these are the elements I want changed if selected). I then went to my view template, V/G Overrides Filters, Added "Painted" and put in "AND (all rules must be true), Painted, Has Value. When I clicked on an element and checked the "Painted" box, it works and the filter is applied, but when I click on the box to uncheck it, it doesn't return back to its original state. How do I make it so it turns back to its original state when the box is unchecked? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lumbera_darwin
in reply to: SamC4PXT

Hi @SamC4PXT ,

Instead of using "Has Value", change it to "Equals" > "Yes".

lumberadarwin_0-1685409925487.png

"Has Value" means it will be filtered regardless of any values (Yes and No).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dar

Message 3 of 3
SamC4PXT
in reply to: lumbera_darwin

Brilliant thank you! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators