Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes/No Parameter?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dsalvagni
221 Views, 4 Replies

Yes/No Parameter?

A previous post I mentioned doing an interactive map that highlights the county that my project will be in.  there are 60+ counties in my state, so I would need a map for each county.  in order to streamline this for the end user is there an easy to be able to select the county that the project is in and automatically turn off all the other maps that are not being used?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: dsalvagni

Did you watch any of those videos I provided Link to?  There are other on-line if those don't do it for you?  Google them using search keywords "Key Plan, Revit". 

Message 3 of 5
robert2JCCH

If you're just looking for the end result (a parameter toggles on the appropriate county to be shaded in your state map), watch the links that @barthbradley provided.

The 'automatically turn off all other maps' is an odd request to me. For a workflow like this my expectation would be the the initial condition of the map when pulled into the project is that all of the county highlights start turned off, and that the designer then toggles on the parameter that corresponds to the county that should be highlighted. It isn't really a workflow where you need to protect the user against themselves, because the results should be immediately visible (too many counties are flipped on).

If you're trying to facilitate this for a draftman or coordinator not familiar with your state counties, or that struggles to search the project location in a search engine to locate the associated county, I suppose you could automate that process with Dynamo to map the zip codes to each county so the user just pushes a button? Seems excessive though.

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

Yes no parameters is a bad choice for anything more than a handful of options. Use family type parameter (label) and it will give you a drop-down list to choose from 

Message 5 of 5
handjonathan

Hi @dsalvagni 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Have the solutions suggested by @barthbradley @robert2JCCH @ToanDN helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report