Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksharing in Revit.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
338 Views, 3 Replies

Worksharing in Revit.

Hi, 

I am relatively new to revit.  I accidentally pressed work-sharing while I was doing my model for the past couple of days.  I opened my model and it is missing all the information I have added over the past 3 days.  I am extremely worried that I lost it all because I have to submit it tomorrow.  Is there anyone thaat could help me or tell if there is some folder that revit saves?  I don't understand work-sharing.  Pleas someone help me find my files so I don't get a zero on my project.  I am scared to try anything further like turning off Work-sharing.. in case I lose the information of my project.

Thanks

Katelynn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BEE_Design
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear schutzk,

Would you be willing to share your project, maybe I can take a look at it to find any clues what has happened. There is a chance that there is a revit file in your 'My Documents' folder which may have the work you worked on the last 3 days.

Good Luck.

SY
Chasing BIM Architect ideal in HK with GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, Mircrosoft Windows 10 Home.
Message 3 of 4
BIM.Consultant
in reply to: BEE_Design

Have you been creating "New local" every time you open to project? The default location for local files is the documents folder. Revit will create a folder with name "ProjectName_backup". You can use this folder to rollback your project (go to previous version). Once you rollback you cant go forward anymore, so I would suggest to save a copy of your project in different location just in case. To do that, open revit and browse to your project, check "detach from central" and open the project, at this stage you can select discard worksets since you didn't really need it in first place. Then save as in different location.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

First, I hope you find everything!

I think the response of the others have been very good.

After you can relax, because you have found everything. Something very helpful for me is Worksharing Display...so see where things are...because I am constantly mixing them around. Worksets are very powerful and would encourage (when you have time) to get more familiar with it. Image below.

worksharing_display.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report