Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows On Structural Floor Plans

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
endes4455
1147 Views, 26 Replies

Windows On Structural Floor Plans

There are some lines belonging to windows on structural floor plans. I want to remove them. Switching to structural plan discipline does not help.

endes4455_0-1718969951789.png

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
Tom_Kunsman
in reply to: endes4455

I do not use the underlay settings in my structural models - if I do it is very rare. 

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 22 of 27
endes4455
in reply to: Tom_Kunsman

How do you show upper floor walls on the current floor without underlay?

Message 23 of 27
Tom_Kunsman

each floor I only show the walls for that floor - i use view range if i need to have any beams under bearing walls that might be above - 

Message 24 of 27
endes4455

Unfortunately, practice is different here.

Message 25 of 27
Tom_Kunsman

I should have looked at your View Range settings earlier, but you have the Cut Plane for the second floor BELOW the actual floor. I think this is what is causing the graphics issues. Usually, framing plans are cut ABOVE the actual plan with the Bottom and View depth going below that level.

This way you will also see any openings on the second floor. If needed, then you can use and underlay for the floor below. 

Message 26 of 27
endes4455

Thank for your message. If I go up for a cut, walls appear inside the windows on the plan instead of an empty box.

I think, I can use some annotations for a workaround.

Message 27 of 27
yes_and_no

I guess in a structure plan if you concern about door or window graphics then it must be the lintel or header that you want to be seen/not seen. I used door and window tag that are so bold that these lines won't matter any more. In these tags, I ll have header size, loads, species, etc presented, which are the items plancheckers care more than those lines, be there or not. (In this case I guess they are window glazing)

Revit has them there by default for a reason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report