Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows On Structural Floor Plans

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
endes4455
1143 Views, 26 Replies

Windows On Structural Floor Plans

There are some lines belonging to windows on structural floor plans. I want to remove them. Switching to structural plan discipline does not help.

endes4455_0-1718969951789.png

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Tom_Kunsman
in reply to: endes4455

Turn off the Category in VG - might need to go into the Revit Links 

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 27
endes4455

I tried the visibility settings but there is no category for a wall part above the below window.

This is a basic thing, a structural floor plan with a slab and a below window. It shouldn't be such hard.

Message 4 of 27
Tom_Kunsman

You turned off the Window category? Also, double check which category that might be on, just in case architect used something else.

Message 5 of 27
endes4455

Yes, I turned off windows, doors. The lines inside the red circle above are the edges of internal leaves of a cavity wall along with the window opening. There is no such category.

Message 6 of 27
endes4455

My point is that yes Revit is complicated, but this is a very basic thing. People using this for structural floor plans. How?

Message 7 of 27

Can you share the Revit file?

Message 8 of 27
Tom_Kunsman

I've done hundreds of structural plans in Revit. Need to understand that the architect might not have used a window for what you are seeing. 

Message 10 of 27
azad.Nanva

No Revit is really simple but this is revit not Autocad not Archicad not Sketchup not Arcplus not ...
it is just Revit and if you want to use it in the best way, bilieve it.
and over your problem : may be this is 2d lines or you can post this wall and window together.

or post problem in 3dview without red lines or just small red line.

Message 9 of 27
barthbradley

Looks like your View Visual Style is set to Wireframe. Change it to Hidden. 

Message 11 of 27
endes4455

I am posting a bigger picture. I came to a point by modifying the existing window family. However, it didn't work for all the windows for some reason. I will solve it. It worked for the one (in the red circle)

But there is a remaining problem. They are the grey lines inside the window. It is because of underlay settings. It sees the above walls. I have to use it though, to show the above walls on a structural plan in the general area.

Making lines hidden removes all the windows, doors on the plan.

endes4455_0-1718980630688.png

It is getting messier and messier...

Message 12 of 27
endes4455

It is a test file for learning by the way.

Message 13 of 27
Tom_Kunsman

Well, you only have Openings for the most part in this project, and not actual Windows or Doors. Typically the structural model would not model these items and they would only be in the architectural model.

I think this is what is causing the issues you are describing.

Since you are using this for learning, continue to try and model the structural items. Create a list of things that are causing issues, and then use that to do more training on these items. Just my thoughts.

Message 14 of 27
endes4455
in reply to: Tom_Kunsman

But windows and door openings are shown on structural plans and also lintels.
Message 15 of 27
azad.Nanva

this your Underlay setting, you can change it in plot views in the sheet,

you can have a work view and plot view(print view), work in your work view and print your print view

Message 16 of 27
barthbradley

Wireframe!  

Message 17 of 27
endes4455
in reply to: azad.Nanva

Thank you for mentioning plot view I will check it.

I tried to close underlay but this time I loose above wall dashed line views on the plan. Otherwise, it would be good.

Message 18 of 27
Tom_Kunsman

And this is what you get when you use an actual Door family and not an opening - 

Tom_Kunsman_0-1718984420613.png

Message 19 of 27
endes4455
in reply to: barthbradley

I use wireframe to see both leaves of a cavity wall. When I draw the floor sitting only on the internal leave with a transparent colour, internal leave changes colour, too automatically.

If only there were a check box under underlay settings, saying: "Include the Members Being Hosted In The View". That would solve the problem.

Message 20 of 27
endes4455
in reply to: Tom_Kunsman

I have the same effect when I rise the window, door or opening doesn't matter to Level 2 floor. But still there is mess because of underlay setting.

What you post above belongs to ground floor, I think. Since it is footing there is no underlay setting and it is clean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report