Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window in future Phase wraps on Existing Phase

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
atuckerHAEUV
245 Views, 4 Replies

Window in future Phase wraps on Existing Phase

Hi,

Many apologies if this has already been discussed and/or solved elsewhere, I have looked but can't find anything specifically matching this. I have an interesting problem which for the life of me, I cannot figure out. We have a typical project with an existing Phase, and a Future Phase. 

A window demolished in the future phase in-fills correctly, see images below:

atuckerHAEUV_0-1655114726637.png

Existing Window

atuckerHAEUV_1-1655114778552.png

Existing Window "Demolished"

However, windows in the future phase "wrap" on the existing phase:

atuckerHAEUV_2-1655114930016.png

Showing the plasterboard and dab retruning to the future window... 

Any tips or advice to resolve this, (probably simple), issue would be most appreciated! 

Many thanks,

Ash

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: atuckerHAEUV

Use a different window family without the wall closure ref planes. Or, add a parameter to move the wall closure ref planes to align with the wall surfaces when a box Existing is checked.

Message 3 of 5
atuckerHAEUV
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi ToanDN,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, your suggestion doesn't work. We still require the window lining to wrap back to the window in the "Future" phase. I was just intrigued as to whether there was a hidden setting or something, but after much digging, I'm stuck!... Strange that the "demolished" opening works, but the future opening behaves like this?

Thank you again,

Ash
Message 4 of 5
atuckerHAEUV

To anyone tracking this topic, I've managed to perform a workaround by demolishing the entire wall and creating a new wall on "Phase 2" with the windows etc in. I don't particularly like the solution as it's a bit of fudgery, but it gets the result I'm after.

Any further suggestions, feel free to add! 🙂

Thank you all! 

Ash

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN

You can demolish the portion of wall a little wider than the window, then place the window in the infill wall so that you will have wrap in new phase but no wrap in existing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators