Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the "Edit Type" panel of the exterior walls is empty?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
317 Views, 2 Replies

Why is the "Edit Type" panel of the exterior walls is empty?

Hello,

I am having an issue in finding all the parameters of the exterior walls in my project such as the thermal properties for each layer; however, when I go to the "Edit Type" of the wall the panel shows only the construction parameter of the wall and it only shows one layer of the wall. 
I know that I can get the thermal properties of each layer from the Manage>Materials, but what I really need to know is the R and U values of the wall layers.
So, how can I get all the layers of the wall in the "Edit Type" panel with its R and U thermal parameters?

Noting that I edited the profile of the walls, is that the reason of my problem?

Thanks in advance!

The attached file is a screenshot of what I am getting when I click on the "edit type" of the wall.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
martijn_pater
in reply to: Anonymous

You have a stacked wall there. When you click edit structure you will see the configuration of which wall types are being used, those are like sub-walls so to speak. You can also TAB select such a wall inside the stacked wall from a project view directly or edit the wall types in the project (browser). The R value ie. are material properties for the materials assigned to the wall layers of those (sub-)walls.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN....

If you placed the wall already you can also right-click it and Break it up into its sub-walls.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: martijn_pater

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You saved my life!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators