Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Edit Crop button?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
2179 Views, 15 Replies

Where is the Edit Crop button?

A book I am reading says to click the Edit Crop button from the contextual panel on the ribbon.

I cannot find this.  Can anyone tell me where it is?

Thank you for your help.

Untitled.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're talking about the crop box around a view when in a sheet (which is what it looks like), you should be able to just select the outer edge and drag it to size!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

But where is the Edit Crop button?

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Viewport --> extents --> crop view --> size crop

Click the viewport, scroll down to the extents section of the panel. Check the "Crop View" box, then up on the ribbon the modify panel will pop up with a Size Crop button.

Message 5 of 16
RDAOU

Image3.png

Image4.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I clicked on Viewports but nothing happened.

Untitled.png

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

You need to activate the view on the sheet or go to the view itself like in those images above

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

The view commands are disabled.

Untitled.png

Message 9 of 16
RDAOU

Because now you deactivated the view which you have placed on that sheet...in ur first image you had KITCHEN active ... U can see that because all others are greeted out.

To get to the edit crop button ...You need to be in the related view either
1. By activating it (double click) on the sheet
2. Or go to that view (easiest to do)

Then
1. you need to check the box to make the crop region VISIBLE. You can find them on the properties palette
2. Then select the crop region
3. The you will see the Edit Crop button which you are looking for under the tab Modify|Area Plan

Sent from my iPhone

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

I activated the Kitchen view.  The view commands are still disabled.

Untitled.png

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Scroll down in your properties window and under Extents make sure Crop View and Crop Region Visible is checked.  Then select the crop region, the tools in the panel will appear.

Message 12 of 16
RDAOU

I am not sure you you are looking for the View command you don't need that and you don't need to be on the view tab of the menu bar... All I was trying to say was that you were on the wrong tab

All you need to do is the following (previously described above) ...

Image6.png

Message 13 of 16
RDAOU

Hey @Anonymous

Did you manage to get this to work?

Message 14 of 16
dmkuijpers

Hey all, I had the same problem and found a solution for the edit crop button. Make sure your Scope box is set to NONE !!

Message 15 of 16
dbernierJD4CU
in reply to: dmkuijpers

FINALLY someone understood the original question.

Message 16 of 16
dbernierJD4CU

Make sure your Scope box is set to NONE !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report