Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Familes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
311 Views, 2 Replies

Familes

Uploaded picture. I can't insert any components. Do you know why? I can actually some like furniture etc but columns and beams in structural framing doesn't let me.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arek_keshishian
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, it seems like you're trying to load a structural family and the default built-in ones can be loaded from ".../US Metric(for example)/Structural Columns/Concrete(for example), if that's not what you're trying to do I would guess you're trying to load a family that you don't know what category it belongs to. One way to avoid this would be going to the "Insert" Tab and then "Load Family" from there, this will load the family into it's rightful place. You can look for your family by going to your tools and checking if it shows up in the Type Menu.

Small Note: There are Architectural AND Structural Columns, maybe you're trying to load an Architectural one (shows up just as "Column") into the Structural Column category. Let me know if this fixes your problem, and if not, tell me where you ran into a new one.

Message 3 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, you need to go > insert > load family > architecture > furniture .thanks

or you can set your defaults by > options > file locations. (please see attached.)

1.JPG

2.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report