Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when changing the nested family reference plane do not move

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
797 Views, 2 Replies

when changing the nested family reference plane do not move

Hi there,

I have studied the locking mechanism on revit families and i have created my family with a nested component with a label parameter so I can chose witch element use. The component is correctly locked to two axis reference planes, but the reference planes that are locked on the border of the component don't hold the lock when I change the family. 

Any ideas what I did get wrong?

attached the family.

VG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

Your nested families have an insertion point of "dead center" of object.  When you place the family in the host file, you have them locked via their edges to the reference planes.  If the size of the nested family changes, (swapping one family with another), the nested family wants to "flex" from the center, therefore, it is not agreeing with the locked references in the host family on the edges.  You placed the family in the upper left corner (plan view).  Perhaps you should change your insertion point of the nested families to upper left corner so that the top and left edges of the nested families can be aligned/locked to the reference plans in the host family.  This will allow for the change in size of the nested families.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Constrain the nested family using one reference plane for each direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators