Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What methodology do you use to sort Project Browser

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wr.marshall
177 Views, 1 Reply

What methodology do you use to sort Project Browser

This not a request on how to organize the Project Browser. It question how others organize their project Browser.

as an example do you divide your levels by level so that plans such construction  plans, wall fire rating, details etc.. for a particular level are grouped together, or do you group type of floors plans together so that all constructions plans are grouped together, all fire wall plans grouped together, all details grouped together. What methodology do you use to sort your project browser.

What is your view naming convention, as 2 views cannot have the same name. As an example I might have a construction plan called "Level 1", thus if I have a duplicated plan to show a wall fire rating plan I will need to call this "Fire Level 1" or else Revit notify me that view name already exists, even though these may be separated in such a way that splits them in the project browser, in example  a section for "all construction plans" and section for "fire plans"....

In example of an answer for the above question: Organizing the Browser: If You Haven’t, Do! | AUGI - The world's largest CAD & BIM User Group

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: wr.marshall

In the netherlands we have a dutch revit standard (NLRS). In these standards they give advice on how to build a template including naming conventions and browser organisation. They also have a basic sample template with the advice incoroporated. Now they have also a document meant as international standard framework. You can find them HERE.

Many companies on the Netherlands (more or less) follow this standard which makes it th helpful when working with Revit files from other companies. These standards are often also named in BIM Protocols/Execution Plans and therefore good if you already have implemented them in your workflow

In other countries you will probably have similar documents.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators