Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does structural material mean?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ysautodesklover
3293 Views, 3 Replies

What does structural material mean?

Dear Revit Users,

It might be very basic stuff but what structural material actually does? 

Only one post about that in the other website said it is related to structural analysis.

Could anyone tell me what is this check box for??

2018-09-26_144355.png

It would be appreciated if you give me a tip.

Thanks,

Yuki

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The "Structural Material" checkbox drives the physical material asset that is applied to the structural analytical model of the wall.

Message 3 of 4

The Structural material of Walls and Slabs is a type property set in the system family definition. In the settings for layers you select one layer in the Core. Its material will be the Structural Material for that Type.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 4

@barthbradley

Following your answer, I tested adding a physical asset into the material but I would not be able to know the change unless I use structural analysis.  However, the thermal asset appeared in the type property dialogue as I set it.

I concluded the structural material setting affects these both assets to structural analysis and energy analysis.

Thank you for helping 😉 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report