Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walls locking together

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1917 Views, 2 Replies

Walls locking together

How do I either prevent, or disconnect, two adjacent walls from locking themselves together?  I have not used any locks anywhere, but when I want to move one of them, revit stubbornly insists on moving both.  This has happened a few times, and I've put in some joints, but if this carries on my whole model will be filled with joints...  I have to make sure I keep them separate until I think I've finished, and then move them into place - really not the easiest way to do things.  In my latest case one wall is the wall below a ramp (which doglegs with a landing - another story, that, I had to put a 1mm gap between the two ramps to get revit to do it) and the other elements are the walls of a room next to the ramp.  If I move the room into place and then try to adjust anything on it, it moves the ramp wall, too.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

If they connect end to end then you can select one, right click on the blue dot and choose due disallow join.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Perfect, thanks, that worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators