Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall showing as Transparent in Elevations

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
12805 Views, 17 Replies

Wall showing as Transparent in Elevations

In the last day, many of my elevation views are displaying with transparent walls even though I have a View Template applied to ensure the proper view settings. A few of the elevations still look fine with the view template applied, but many look as if the wire-frame setting were applied, and I checked several times that the view is displaying as Hidden Line and Not Wireframe. 

I've been working in this model for several weeks now, and this is the first time this problem has occurred. I have my elevation sheets all set up, and they were printing perfectly just a day ago. 

Please see the attached photos for reference. The first photo shows the view error, and the second photos show an elevation that is displaying properly. 

This is everything I have checked to try to fix this problem:

- Wall visibility setting

- Element graphic overrides

- Hidden Line vs. Wireframe 

- Phase settings

- Changing the wall types

- Even creating new elevations. All new elevations I create are defaulting to this error-ed transparent wall view. 

Please share any suggestions you may have! Thank You!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you link or import any new DWGs recently?

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, I recently brought in the Alta survey and a CAD Import.

Would that somehow affect the visibility?

Message 4 of 18
ToanDN

Possibly.  Edit the elevation view template and turn the CAD imports off see if it is fixed.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!  

Thank you so much, that worked!!

I simply turned off the CAD link in the view template, and everything is back to normal!

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 18
chrisplyler

He really is a genius. It's quite annoying.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Im not even going to ask how you figured this one out but...THANKS!!!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

OMG this took me so long to figure out. Thanks a bunch !

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

I have the same transparency problem in one of my elevations (others are ok) but am unsure where exactly to find that CAD link that is mentioned in this thread. I went to the VIEW tab and then the "elevations" area but cannot find that link. Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks 🙂

Message 10 of 18
ToanDN

Vv, import tab, untick all cad link boxes.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

Hi. Thanks for the response.

Do you mean I should type v v which brings up the Visibility/Graphics overrides window?  If I go to the 'Imported Categories' tab in that window, all it has is one line ..."Imports in Families" ... there are no CAD link boxes?  I have Revit 2017, by the way.  Thanks.

Message 12 of 18
ToanDN

Then it's not the same cause. Recreate the elevation see what happens.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

Ok, thanks for that. I’ll give that a try.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

resurrecting to see if there is any commonality between the offending linked .dwg files. 

This behavior only appeared when a user did not clean up extraneous .dwg objects that were well (over 20 miles) outside of the project work area before linking a the dwg into the project whereas it had been cleaned up for previous reloads and this issue did not arise.

Tags (2)
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUU

Message 16 of 18
grochovskaja

Wow, it helped! What a simple solution, been trying to hide each line individually 

Message 17 of 18

I tried the initial instructions however this didn't do the trick, until I removed the latest imported CAD which did fix them all (for those that have a similar issue).

Message 18 of 18
redsWYYA5

Just wanted to add on your pile of  "Thanks" 

*The DWG was the culprit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report