Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Opening Height

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KarenLBR
362 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Opening Height

Hello.

I'm currently using Revit Light 2021 and I'm struggling with wall openings.

I have two wall openings at ground floor level that should go to the underside of beams - approximate height 1900 above floor level. However, when I have created the wall openings at GF level with an unconnected height of 1900mm, the opening continues up to the roof. This means that the ground floor opening is also visible at first floor.  When I set the opening height to 600mm, it works as it should, but this is not at all useful for my plan drawings. 

This occurs when I do new openings, or adjust the existing. I've attached a couple of screen shots to demonstrate. (I also note that the blue zone of the opening I'm showing appears to be wider than the (correct) visible opening).

Could someone assist me - is this because the wall I am cutting the opening in is attached to the roof? Is there a model setting that I'm overlooking? Have I got a strange quirk in my model!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: KarenLBR

How tall is the unconnected height of the wall?

Message 3 of 4
KarenLBR
in reply to: ToanDN

Ooooh, good spot! The wall is 2000 unconnected height. 

When I change the unconnected height to 4000, the opening corrects itself. 

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
KarenLBR
in reply to: ToanDN

Ooooh, good spot! The wall unconnected height is 2000mm.

When I change the wall to 4000 the opening corrects itself.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators